The Facts About Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion vendor but they NEVER advertise this fact. Instead they tell young people about their contraception sales and STD screenings to keep their “positive” image going.
- Planned Parenthood preys off young girls in crisis, locating right near our high schools and college campuses, telling them abortion is their only real option in their moment of desperation. 79% of Planned Parenthoods are located within 5 miles of a college campus.
- While non-Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the nation continue to close, Planned Parenthood props up their un-profitable abortion facilities, allowing them to operate while in the red, using our taxpayer money to keep them going.
- The nation’s largest abortion corporation has been caught on tape negotiating prices for the organs of aborted children. Facilities in Massachusetts have been recipients of these organs.
- Planned Parenthood routinely puts women’s lives at risk, engaging in more risky and less safe medical procedures to obtain intact organs. They disregards abuse victims, ignore women in need, and agree to abort baby girls because they are girls, and prey on the poor and on minority communities – just to increase the bottom line.
- There are more women’s health providers in Massachusetts NOT affiliated with Planned Parenthood than under the Planned Parenthood banner. We can make sure none of our tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood without impacting anyone’s “access to care.”
- Planned Parenthood offers deceptive counseling and biased information. When an unplanned pregnancy occurs, Planned Parenthood offers “options counseling” to help decide a course of action. However, dozens of former employees have blown the whistle on the unscrupulous nature of PP’s “options counseling,” acknowledging that it was designed and used specifically to steer women towards abortion (which they profit from) instead of adoption or parenting (which they don’t get paid for). In 2013, PP committed 174 abortions for every 1 adoption referral.
- According to Guttmacher Institute (Planned Parenthood’s research arm), the median cost of an abortion is $451. This means PP made over $147 million in revenue from the 327,653 abortions they committed in 2013. For years, Planned Parenthood officials, staff, and surrogates have repeatedly promoted false information about the services they offer (falsely claiming they provide mammograms, etc) and the uniqueness of their work to convince politicians to give them $528.4 million in taxpayer funding just in the 2013-2014 fiscal year alone. However, everything PP sells and provides (except abortion) can be found within the nationwide network of 8,000 taxpayer-funded Community Health Centers at universally lower prices.
*All figures taken from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2013-2014 Annual Report.
America’s Largest Abortion Vendor By the Numbers:
- Planned Parenthood facilities committed 327,653 abortions.
- This means they committed 897 abortions every single day.
- And 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services were abortions.
- Planned Parenthood received $528.4 million in U.S. taxpayer funding, making up 46% of their annual revenue.
- Planned Parenthood’s contraceptive services have dropped by 7%, and their cancer screening and prevention services have dropped by 50%.
- Planned Parenthood has committed over 1.9 million abortions.
- And their U.S. taxpayer funding has increased by 46%.
Please note all stats were obtained from Planned Parenthood’s 2013-2014 Annual Report
Planned Parenthood and Gosnell
With the late-term abortionist/infant serial killer Kermit Gosnell trial in Philadelphia, ‘The Planned Parenthood Project’ is especially relevant. The gruesome crimes of Gosnell are not an isolated incident. Planned Parenthood, which holds itself up as a clean, safe, women-friendly environment, engages in the same disgusting practices:
- The week of April 7, 2013, a Planned Parenthood in Delaware that has sent five women to the emergency room since January had to stop doing abortions because of unsafe and unsanitary conditions similar to the ones found at Gosnell’s abortion mill. One nurse said of the operating room, “It’s not washed down, it’s not even cleaned off. It has bloody drainage on it.” She also said patients “could be at risk of getting hepatitis, even AIDS.”
- In late March, 2013, Planned Parenthood official from Florida testified that a baby born alive during an abortion should be allowed to be killed, saying, “We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.” Gosnell routinely killed babies born alive after an abortion – often by cutting their spinal cords. Apparently that’s a decision Planned Parenthood supports a physician like Gosnell making.
- In 2008, a New Jersey Planned Parenthood nurse told Students for Life of America President Kristan Hawkins that with an abortion after 22 weeks, the baby is delivered and can survive an abortion: “It does happen, where it’s still alive…but it wouldn’t be able to survive on its own, so eventually the baby does die.” Again, Planned Parenthood knows and supports abortions that result in babies born alive but left to die, as happened in Gosnell’s facility.