The Massachusetts legislative session features more than 5,000 bills filed each cycle. Here is a rundown of some of the priority legislation we will be actively involved with this year and beyond.
NEW Police Reform Bill
S.2800: This bill was brought forth to “reform police standards and shift resources to build a more equitable, fair and just commonwealth that values black lives and communities of color.” As written, it endangers public safety, removes important protections for police, and creates a lopsided commission for making recommendations. One of its worst provisions is that it prohibits school officials from reporting dangerous gang memberships like MS-13. See who voted for this via Roll Call Vote in the Senate and the House. Read the text of the Senate bill. Read the original text of the House bill and the amended version of the House bill. The bill now goes to a conference committee.
Please tell your legislators to oppose this bill.
Six Deadly Bills
- Roe Infanticide Act – HB3320, SB1209: eliminates parental consent for girls seeking an abortion; allows abortion on demand up to birth; eliminates protections for women; and eliminates protections for babies born alive during botched abortions. Currently in Joint Committee on the Judiciary. Committee Report due at any time. Tell Your legislators to Vote No on ROE.
- University Abortion Mill bill – HB3841: provides up to $400,000 to each public college and university to provide on-campus abortions; forces tuition and fees to be used for abortions. Committee on Public Health reported favorably; transferred to the Joint Committee on Health Care Financing. Could come up for a vote at any time.
- Illegal Aliens Driver’s License Act – HB3012, SB2061: allows the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) to issue driver’s licenses to illegal aliens, which has been proven to result in increased threats to the public safety, as well as identity theft and fraud. Reported favorably by Joint Committee on Transportation. Could come up for a vote at any time. Tell Your legislators to Vote No Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens.
- Sanctuary State bill – HB3573: prohibits police from coordinating with federal authorities to remove dangerous criminal illegal aliens from our streets. Committee Report due at any time. Tell Your legislators to Vote No Sanctuary State.
- Mandated Sex Education bill – SB2459: mandates centralized, Planned Parenthood-run, “comprehensive” sex education in every public school in the Commonwealth. Passed in the Senate. Now moves to the House.
- Physician Assisted Suicide bill – HB4782: allows doctors to prescribe deadly doses of drugs to patients who may be under duress or suffering from depression. Referred to Joint Committee on Health Care Financing. Could come up for a vote at any time.