ALERT! Your Action Needed Now!
The Massachusetts legislative session features more than 5,000 bills, filed each cycle. In a recent, devious attempt to avoid accountability for action on the following terrible bills, the radicals on Beacon Hill have decided to extend their deadline to vote on these bills until after the November 3rd elections (or at any time advantageous to them). Here is a rundown of priority legislation that must be opposed NOW.
Police Reform Bill
S.2800: This bill was brought forth to “reform police standards and shift resources to build a more equitable, fair and just commonwealth that values black lives and communities of color.” As written, it endangers public safety, removes important protections for police, and creates a lopsided commission for making recommendations. One of its worst provisions is that it prohibits school officials from reporting dangerous gang memberships like MS-13. See who voted for this via Roll Call Vote in the Senate and the House. Read the text of the Senate bill. Read the original text of the House bill and the amended version of the House bill. The bill now goes to a conference committee. Please tell your legislators to Vote NO on this Police Reform Bill.
The Six Deadly Bills
1) Roe Infanticide Act – HB3320, SB1209: eliminates parental consent for girls seeking an abortion; allows abortion on demand up to birth; eliminates protections for women; and eliminates protections for babies born alive during botched abortions. Read the text of the House and Senate bills. In a dastardly move, the legislature slipped this legislation into the budget bill through Amendments 759 & 180. This legislation was passed in both the House and Senate. It will be on Governor Baker’s desk any day now. Please sign the petition asking Governor Baker to veto the amendments at Stop the Roe Act.
2) University Abortion Mill Bill – HB3841: provides up to $400,000 to each public college and university to provide on-campus abortions; forces tuition and fees to be used for abortions. Committee on Public Health reported favorably; transferred to the Joint Committee on Health Care Financing. Read the text of the bill. Could come up for a vote at any time. Tell your legislators to Vote No on the University Abortion Mill bill.
3) Illegal Aliens Driver’s License Act – HB3012, SB2061: allows the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) to issue driver’s licenses to illegal aliens, which has been proven to result in increased threats to the public safety, as well as identity theft and fraud. Read the text of the House and Senate bills. Reported favorably by Joint Committee on Transportation. Could come up for a vote at any time. Tell Your legislators to Vote No on Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens.
4) Sanctuary State Bill – HB3573: prohibits police from coordinating with federal authorities to remove dangerous criminal illegal aliens from our streets. Read the text of the bill. Committee Report due at any time. Tell Your legislators to Vote No to Sanctuary State.
5) Mandated Sex Education Bill – SB2459 (HB410): mandates centralized, Planned Parenthood-run, “comprehensive” sex education in every public school in the Commonwealth. Passed in the Senate. Now moves to the House. Read the text of the bill. Tell your legislators to Vote No on the Mandated Sex-ed bill.
6) Physician Assisted Suicide Bill – HB4782 (HB1926): allows doctors to prescribe deadly doses of drugs to patients who may be under duress or suffering from depression. Referred to Joint Committee on Health Care Financing. Read the text of the bill. Could come up for a vote at any time. Tell your legislators to Vote No on the Physician-assisted Suicide bill.