Stop the Roe Act
Following in the footsteps of New York and Virginia, Massachusetts is faced with a pending bill in the House and Senate (H.3320/S.1209) that would expand access to abortion and legalize infanticide. They call it the ROE Act, with an intentional but inaccurate reference to Roe vs. Wade. The Roe Act is far worse than Roe vs. Wade. It would increase late-term abortions, expose vulnerable mothers to dangerous abortion procedures, and kill babies up to birth for essentially any reason at all with no safety measures for babies who survive an abortion attempt.
If passed, the deadly Roe Infanticide Act would:
- Wipe out all parental involvement in underage girls getting abortions – parents would not need to be notified, and underage girls would no longer be required to go to court to get an abortion without the permission of their parents
- Gives a doctor complete discretion on performance of abortions – Medical judgment “may be exercised in the light of all factors-physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the person’s age-relevant to the well-being of the patient.” This strips away any final hurdle to abortion at any stage of the baby’s development, for any reason.
- Removes any requirement to save the life of the child during or after the abortion. So if a baby is accidentally born during a late term procedure, it can still be killed.
- Allows late-term abortions (abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy) to be performed anywhere-removing any kind of requirement that they be performed in a hospital. Back-alley abortions will now be legal and celebrated by the left-regardless of the safety of the mother. Gone are the days when Democrats claimed they wanted abortion to be safe, legal, and rare. Now, it’s anything goes.
- Allows “Healthy Start” funds to be used to pay for abortions on middle-class women who are ineligible for Medicaid/Masshealth. Healthy Start is a wellness program designed to assist pregnant women and their babies to ensure healthy moms and kids. In a sick twist, funds could be taken from them to fund abortions for women not on public assistance.
Even in “liberal” Massachusetts, the average person does not want to legalize infanticide nor allow young, impressionable, and vulnerable girls to get abortions without any parental involvement.
Please take 30 seconds to fill in this simple form to contact your elected officials. Please share this page with friends and ask them to email their legislators as well.